Policies and Procedures
The By-Laws provide that the Board of Directors are charged with the responsibility of administering and enforcing rules for the use of the property.
PARAGRAPH A: DEFINITIONS
ADULT: a person 18 years of age or older
CHILD: a person who is not yet 18 years old
EMPLOYED LIFEGUARD: an on-duty lifeguard employed by the Board of Directors who is qualified through a lifeguard certification program approved by the Board of Directors to ensure the safety of the users of the swimming pool and other facilities at the club.
DUES: Dues are set annually by the Board of Directors for STOCKHOLDERS and SUMMER MEMBERS. STOCKHOLDER dues are payable on March 15th. They become past due May 1 at which time interest accrues from January 1 at the rate of 1.5% per month on the PAST-DUE amount until the account is paid-in-full. All Stockholders whose accounts are deemed “Not in Good Standing” by May 1st will be denied access to the Club Facilities until the account is settled.
HOURS: the pool is open ONLY when an EMPLOYED LIFEGUARD is present.
MANAGER: the individual(s) employed by the Board of Directors to transact Club business, to oversee the maintenance and upkeep of the club facilities, and to enforce policies and procedures
QUALIFIED ADULT: A STOCKHOLDER or STOCKHOLDER’s family member 18 years of age or older
STOCKHOLDER: an adult who owns stock in Magnolia Wood Company, Inc. and whose dues are current.
STOCKHOLDER’S FAMILY: all family members domiciled at the registered residence of the STOCKHOLDER or adult children who live outside the registered residence but have not established their own family (ie, spouse or children)
SUMMER MEMBER: an adult who has purchased summer membership privileges.
SUMMER MEMBER’S FAMILY: all family members domiciled at the registered residence of the SUMMER MEMBER.
PARAGRAPH B: USE OF FACILITY
- It is recognized that Magnolia Wood Company, Inc. facilities (pool, tennis courts, clubhouse, and grounds) are not open to the public and that applications for stock ownership, summer membership, and admittance to the facilities are carefully reviewed by the Membership Committee.
- There will be no money-making activities (other than club sales) conducted on Magnolia Wood Company, Inc., properties without express written approval from the Board of Directors.
- STOCKHOLDERS, at their own risk, may use the facilities at times other than when EMPLOYED LIFEGUARDS are on duty.
- STOCKHOLDERS’ family members under the age of 18 may not enter or utilize any of the facilities when an EMPLOYED LIFEGUARD is not on duty unless accompanied by a QUALIFIED ADULT who is willing to assume legal responsibility. Club insurance does not permit ANY exception to this rule; therefore, tennis players, swimmers, etc., under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a QUALIFIED ADULT when an EMPLOYED LIFEGUARD is not on duty.
- Adults should not swim alone at any time. If an adult chooses to swim alone, he/she does so solely at his/her own risk. American Red Cross rules on water safety emphasize the dangers of swimming alone. A blow on the head, cramps, exhaustion, heart attack, or sudden illness may render even the most experienced swimmer helpless and may result in drowning.
PARAGRAPH C: GENERAL RULES
- Title 51 Chapter XXIV of the Louisiana Administrative Code pertaining to swimming pools is by state law made part of these rules and is incorporated herein by reference. A copy of Chapter XXIV is available at the Magnolia Wood Company, Inc. facilities.
- Safety rules are to be strictly enforced by the MANAGER, EMPLOYED LIFEGUARDS, STOCKHOLDERS, and SUMMER MEMBERS. The MANAGER and/or the BOARD OF DIRECTORS are charged with the responsibility of suspending any offender’s club privileges for conduct endangering anyone and/or damaging any club property. Additionally, the BOARD OF DIRECTORS is charged with the responsibility of levying fines for such conduct.
- When an EMPLOYED LIFEGUARD is present at the pool, he/she shall have primary responsibility to enforce all rules of safety and sanitation. After regular pool hours, each QUALIFIED ADULT present shall assume the responsibility and authority to enforce all rules of safety and sanitation.
- STOCKHOLDERS, SUMMER MEMBERS, and guests must register when entering the fenced-in areas during open hours. Guests must be accompanied by the member at all times. The maximum number of guests per member is 5 per day; the only exception to this limit are immediate relatives or invited guests for scheduled parties–Refer to PARAGRAPH G. Repetitive visits (more than five) by guests are subject to review by the MANAGER and the BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
- An employed babysitter who is a non-member must be registered with the MANAGER and may be allowed to enter only when accompanied by their charges and when an EMPLOYED LIFEGUARD is on duty.
- A guest fee of $2 per guest will be assessed. Five or less guests are allowed at a time.
PARAGRAPH D: SAFETY & RULES OF CONDUCT
- No one is allowed in the pool area without an EMPLOYED LIFEGUARD or a QUALIFIED ADULT present.
- NO ONE shall swim WITHOUT an EMPLOYED LIFEGUARD or QUALIFIED ADULT present.
- Non-swimmers and children under 7 years of age must be accompanied by a parent, adult family member, or employed baby-sitter, even when an EMPLOYED LIFEGUARD is present.
- Smoking, including e-cigs, is not permitted at any time on any part, fenced or unfenced, of the club premises.
- Skateboards, ripsticks, bicycles, skates, etc. are NOT ALLOWED on the pool deck, tennis courts nor in the cabana area.
- Running is not permitted near the pool area.
- Only one person at a time is allowed on the diving board.
- No swimming is allowed in the diving area when people are diving.
- No rough play or dunking is allowed in the pool.
- Foreign objects, such as rafts or toys, are allowed in the pool only at the discretion of the EMPLOYED LIFEGUARDS.
- No one shall hang on the basketball goals/nets.
- No one other than EMPLOYED LIFEGUARDS may climb upon or sit in the lifeguard chairs.
- No glass containers are allowed in the pool area or bath houses.
- No boisterous conduct or offensive language is allowed on the premises.
- Excessive noise after hours is not permitted.
- No unauthorized persons are allowed in the pump house or equipment room.
- No person is allowed on the roof of any structures.
- No climbing is allowed on the fences or any other structures (other than the appropriate playground equipment).
- All STOCKHOLDERS using the facility after hours are responsible for cleaning up and turning off lights and fans.
- No swimming is allowed while chemicals are being added to the pool. The pool maintenance crew will request swimmers get out of the pool when necessary.
PARAGRAPH E: TENNIS RULES
Court #1 is the front court.
Court #2 is the court nearest the front court.
Court #3 is the court nearest the drainage ditch.
- Sitting on or leaning against the nets is not permitted.
- Street shoes are not permitted on the tennis courts.
PARAGRAPH F: USE OF FACILITIES BY SUMMER MEMBERS
- SUMMER MEMBERSHIP dues are payable upon notice of acceptance of renewal; however, new applicants for SUMMER MEMBERSHIP must submit dues with the application form.
- SUMMER MEMBERSHIP rights for use of the facilities (pool, tennis courts, clubhouse, and grounds) are limited to those days and times when EMPLOYED LIFEGUARDS are on duty. (Generally, these days and times encompass weekends in May, daily use when East Baton Rouge Parish Schools are in summer recess, and weekends in August through Labor Day.)
- Pool hours (hours when an EMPLOYED LIFEGUARD is on duty) are published on the website.
- All SUMMER MEMBERS must adhere to the Magnolia Wood Company, Inc. Policies, Procedures, and Safety Rules.
PARAGRAPH G: RENTAL OF THE FACILITIES
The facilities are available for rentals subject to the fees (see attached schedule) and guidelines listed below.
POOL, POOL DECK, and CLUB GROUNDS RENTAL
- The RENTING MEMBER must be present for the entire rental period.
- Rental of the POOL, the POOL DECK, and the CLUB GROUNDS is for non-exclusive use.
- The maximum length of rental is 4 hours.
- Advance registration with the MANAGER at least one week prior to use is required.
- The MANAGER will determine the lifeguard requirements. Outside regular club hours, a minimum of one EMPLOYED LIFEGUARD must be present (additional lifeguards may be required – see fee schedule). The renting member is responsible for payment of any additional lifeguard fees.
- The renting member is responsible for all clean-up and for any additional costs incurred by the Club as a direct result of the party (i.e., vandalism, other damagers, excessive garbage, etc.).
- The CLUBHOUSE is available for rental on an exclusive basis OUTSIDE of regular pool hours. The pool is NOT included in the rental of the clubhouse. However, insurance requires that an employee – at renting members expense – be present when the clubhouse is rented.
- Advance registration with the MANAGER at least two weeks prior to use and payment of the cash deposit is required.
- The maximum length of rental is 4 hours.
- The renting member is responsible for all clean-up. The deposit will be refunded if the Clubhouse is left in good order and no additional costs have been incurred by the Club.
- Special arrangements for non-party use of the Clubhouse (e.g. Community Service) may be approved by the BOARD OF DIRECTORS. The fee charged for this will be decided upon by the Board.
Are you a local business or service looking to sponsor our swim team?
Get recognized in our community by appearing on our website and apps!